ZFlutter is a pseudo-3D engine for Flutter.
Most of ZFlutter is based on this library so if you have tried Zdog before you will already find yourself familiar with the core concets.
SVG. With Zdog, you can design and render simple 3D models on the Web. Zdog is a pseudo-3D engine. Its geometries exist in 3D space, but are rendered as flat shapes. This makes Zdog special.
- Zdog is small. 2,100 lines of code for the entire library. 28KB minified.
- Zdog is round. All circular shapes are rendered as proper circles with rounded edges. No polygonal jaggies.
- Zdog is friendly. Modeling is done with a straight-forward declarative API.
- Zdog was designed to bring the simplicity of vector illustration into 3D. Drawing circles and squares is easy and fun. Zdog just adds another dimension.
We like to do things the Flutter way.
This library uses the core concepts of ZDog to build a serie of Widgets, that combined, allow you to create 3D shapes.
Let’s see some differences:
- ZFlutter uses widgets, that are inmmutable.
- We can animate them as normal widgets with methods like AnimationController
- While ZDog creates their tree of shapes by refering the parent to the child, in Flutter we will nest children inside their parents as normal widgets.
- You can use your own widgets in a 3D space. Even a full app!
- With the power of Flutter you can run ZFlutter on iOS, Android, Mac, Windows, Linux and Web.
Interested? Read the next section to Get Started